Monday, August 16, 2010

Sitting in the Portland Airport, ready to go!

Well, it has all come down to this. I am currently sitting in the Portland Airport waiting for my flight to Minneapolis before I catch a connecting flight to Miami. Man, I have to say that this whole process has been totally surreal. I can't believe or even begin to fathom that I am going to be gone for a whole year. I don't think it will really hit me until I am in Ecuador. For those of you who don't know, I am going to be spending a year abroad teaching English in Ambato, Ecuador. It is a pretty big sitting that sits at approximately 8,500 feet in elevation. I am getting excited!

It all started with a book, Half the Sky. I hadn't even heard of WorldTeach until I picked up this inspirational book about women in third world countries who have overcome any bad situation by earning an education. This is what stemmed this upcoming year with WorldTeach in Ecuador. I checked the website, applied, and got into the program. I was hooked and had to make this happen. This summer was trialing. I wasn't sure what I was going to be doing Americorps? Job? and then I stumbled across this.

After this past week, it is easy to see how fortunate and blessed I am. I count my blessings everyday but this past week especially. I am surrounded by love everywhere I turn. There are so many people I would love to thank individually, and I feel truly blessed. Consider this a shout out to all of you out there. You have helped form me into the person I am today and who I want to be in the future. Thank you, thank you, thank you. And I'm off!

Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment